Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Best Week Ever (NBA Playoff Edition)

Call me a fair weather fan, but because my hometown teams are mediocre at best (see Things That Make You Go Eh...) I usually get going when the going gets tough. Tonight however when KG screamed "This is for Minnesota" after winning his first ever NBA championship with the Boston Celtics, I felt, for the first time, proud to be a Timber wolf. No, this doesn't mean I will start supporting them or the Celtics when they are losing, but I must admit it softened my cynical heart. Read below to find out who, other than Minnesotans living vicariously through Kevin Garnett, is having the best week ever. 


1. Paul Pierce's Facial Hair
Winning makes people forgive and forget anything, including the apparent kitchen on Pierce's face. 
2.Vanessa Bryant 
Sure the Lakers lost but she is still winning. She's banging, her babies are beautiful and while we all know Kobe cheated, what he lacks in morality is made up by the fact that he is fluent in Italian. Like my man Mitch used to say, her life is goooood. 
3. Notre Dame
Goooo Irish! Go Irish! Beeeaaatttt Lakers! Beat La-  waaiiittt a minute... it's USC not the Lakers that embarrass our football team every season, but still California is California, and this is war. 
4. He Got Game
Jesus Shuttlesworth is officially an NBA champion and only Spike Lee had the foresight to see it. Now all that's left to figure out is what the hell he was thinking when he made Girl 6.
5. Doc Rivers 
Putting it down and holding it down for all the Ty Willinghams of the world. Word. 

0 comments: