Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Things That Make You Go Eh...

Randy Moss is a clown indeed, but at least he gave the Minnesota Vikings a little bit of character. He always made me proud to bleed purple and gold. Even when Moss, upon being asked how he planned to pay for a NFL fine, replied "straight cash homey" I stood by his side. I stood by his side because with him the Vikings won and well... he was at the very least interesting. Yes this response was indicative of the kind of ignorance that makes you question whether or not someone ate lead paint as a child, but everyone has their faults. Moss was a lot of things. Country? Yes. Illiterate? Maybe. Entertaining? Undeniably so. 


This Mossian nostalgia has no doubt been ignited because the current Vikings are so damn unexceptional. They aren't good. They aren't bad. They are just mediocre- stuck dead smack in the middle between winning the Super Bowl and playing for the Miami Dolphins. In light of this mediocrity I have decided to make a list of things that, unlike C & C Music Factory, do not "make you go hmm." These things instead make you go "eh"- you know, the grunt that signifies partial disinterest. Enjoy. 

1. The Minnesota Vikings
For the most part the players are mildly attractive, mildly literate and only mildly talented.

2. The Minnesota Timberwolves
Ok so maybe Minnesota isn't the best place for athletics. Although I put on for my city (on on for my city) I have to admit the T-Wolves just aren't that great.

3. Lil' Waynes The Carter III
Remember the point in the Temptations Movie when David Ruffin starts to refer to himself in the third person- that's where Weezy is in his career. Straight crazy. His lyrics on the album are aiigghhtt, but mostly the The Carter III is a lazy slur of well...aiigghhtt lyrics. 

4. Hillary Clinton 
While she lost to Obama (which rocks my world) I can't let this shadow the fact that she indeed did lose and thus is a LA-WHO-ZA-HER. I guess this doesn't necessarily make her mediocre, but you catch my drift. 

5. Amy Winehouse post racial slurs
Because racism went out of style like 40 years ago, it makes everything less cool including her music and that damn bee hive. 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

mediocre-ist. bestowing their "yeeaaaaa", "WHAT?!", "okaaaaay", "we the bast", "wipe me down", "get silly" for generations.

Can't lie. We global hoe.

Sweets said...

funny each thing on this list made me go "eh"

i "eh'd" out lout.. EOL son! the cousin of LOL

Sweets said...

you aint nothin without david ruffin!!!